In order to check out materials from the Libraries of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology, you need to activate your LU card as library card. This library card is valid at all Lund University libraries.
Your LU card works as your library card. Get your LU card here.
If you are not a student or employee at Lund University, you can get a library card at one of Lund University's libraries.
Before you can use your LU card as library card, or get a library card, you need to create a library account. To be able to check out material you still need to activate your LU card, or receive a libray card, at one of Lund University's libraries.
To use our self-checkout machines, you need your LU card, or library card, and your PIN code. If you do not know the code to your LU card, you can find it, by logging in with your Student or Lucat account, here.
- If you have a Swedish personal number, are a resident in Sweden, and have turned 18, you can activate your LU card or request a library card by presenting a Swedish personal identity card at the library’s information desk.
- If you are an exchange student, you must present a valid photo ID card and your letter of acceptance (the formal confirmation of your enrolment at Lund University.)
- Guest researchers who are employed at Lund University must present valid photo ID and proof of employment.
- Please note that your LU card is not valid photo ID.
- All other applicants must show valid photo ID, as well as fill out and present a Personal Guarantee, find the form here (PDF).
A brief guide to our lending conditions
- You must present your library card each time you check out a book. You may not check out a book without your library card.
- You have an obligation to observe the length of the loan period and to return your borrowed items no later than the due date. We try to assist you in managing your loans and avoiding fines by sending you e-mail reminders and overdue notices. These are sent as a courtesy only, please note that you cannot rely on them. You are, regardless of the circumstances, responsible for all your borrowed materials being returned on time.
- The overdue charge for textbooks (kursbok) is 10 SEK per book per day.
- Your library card will be blocked if you have overdue fees exceeding 100 SEK. You will then not be able to check out material at any of the Lund University Libraries until you have paid your fee.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out with your library card. If you lose your card, please notify the library so that we can block it. If you wish to block your card yourself, go to My Account in Lovisa, our library catalogue. Visit library information desk to obtain a replacement card, please remember to bring photo ID.
- You have an obligation to keep your contact information up to date. The easiest way of doing this is via My Account in Lovisa.
- Your personal information is stored in a public register, but records of your loans are confidential.
When you start using your library card, you agree to our lending conditions.