How long you may keep a book depends on the type of book you have borrowed; a course book, a long term loan or an interlibrary loan.
- The loan period for course books is 14 days. The library charges a late fee of 10 SEK per book per day for course books (kursbok) returned or renewed after the loan period has expired.
- The loan period for our other books is 28 days guaranteed. After this time, the book can be requested by another library patron. However, as a student you can keep the book for six months if no request is made. If you are a researcher, teacher or PhD student, you can keep the book for 12 months.
- The loan period for DVDs is seven days.
- Journals and reference works can be read in the library, but cannot be checked out. Similarly, reference books (textbooks with the red tag “Ej hemlån”) cannot be checked out.
- The loan period for interlibrary loans may vary; it is set according to the rules of the library to which the material belongs.
A course book can be renewed up to ten times, as long as no other library patron has ordered it. You can renew your loans yourself by logging on to My Account in our library catalogue. All other materials must be brought to the library in order to be renewed. If you want to renew an interlibrary loan, please got to Renew interlibrary loans, and fill out the request form.
Overdue fees and invoices
The overdue fees for course books (kursbok) is 10 SEK per book per day (except Sundays and Public Holidays). Your library card will be blocked if you have overdue fees exceeding 100 SEK. You will then not be able to check out books at any of the libraries at Lund University until you have paid your fee. Overdue fees must be paid at the library that owns the fined material.
If you have damaged, lost, or for any other reason are unable to return checked out books, the library will send you an invoice for the new purchase price of the book and an administrative fee of 300 SEK. You will first receive a letter informing you that an invoice will be issued and you have seven days from the day the letter was issued to return the book. If the book is not returned within this time frame, the administrative fee must be paid, even if it is returned at a later date.
If you have any questions regarding overdue fees or invoices, please contact us:
SOL Library: Kristina Nilsson, kristina.nilssonhtbibl.luse, 046-222 32 21
LUX Library: Jenny Hallström, jenny.hallstromhtbibl.luse, 046-222 90 34