Using the right tool can make your research process more efficient. You are always welcome to discuss which tool best meet your specific needs. A list of widely used tools is presented below. These resources can be of help during different parts of the research process.
- Nvivo: Tool for analyzing qualitative data.
- Excel: Programme for working with spreadsheats.
- QGIS: Open source geographic information system
- OpenRefine: Open source tool for cleaning and transforming data.
- Collectica for excel: Easy way to create better metadata to your excel spreadsheets
- SPSS: Programme for working with statistical data.
- Gephi: Open source software for visualization and network analysis.
- CLAN: Free programme for transcribing and analysing spoken language.
- Mindjet: Mind mapping software to be used for project managing, brainstorming, event planning, etc.
- Filemaker Pro: Tool for building databases.
- Transkribus: Transcription and text recognition platform
Contact the IT unit for more information on how to install and the costs involved.